- 2 lbs. potatoes
- 20 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cold milk
- ½ cup Arbequina olive oil
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
1. Plunge the garlic cloves into boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat the action three times, changing the water each time. Peel off the skin, cut them in half, and put into boiling water for ten minutes. Remove and purée them with a pinch of salt.
2. Peel and cut the potatoes into pieces. Place them in a pot with cold water, lightly salted and cook for about 20-25 minutes.
3. Drain the potatoes and place them in a food processor with cold milk. Process until smooth; add a little more milk if needed.
4. Stir in the olive oil and the garlic puree, season to taste with salt, pepper and nutmeg.